Thread: Purple heart
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I get you buddy...

I felt the same way when I found out how Kerry got his 3...count them 3 Purple Hearts. I think mine was worth 4 and Gimpy's probably 6.

I had left the Cav and was assigned to MACV HQ out of Nha Trang. Was placed as a Liason with the 9th Korean Inf. 30th Regiment. I would hump with the CO and the RTO. If they needed air or arty support, all American, I would call it in. All their supplies came through the huge base at Cam Rahn Bay so I would also have to go in with them to get them and my own stuff. Good duty....felt very same working with these guys. After leaving CRB w/new supplies, we were attacked before we got back to the Korean Base Camp. The gun truck I was on was hit by an RPG/B-40 w/armour piercing head. The ammo went up along with the truck. I was on the assend with a M-60. I was blown out of the truck and my left hip was torn up along with other schrapnel. Everyone in the truck was killed but me. Not a good day.

Not something I enjoy talking about...but thanks for asking.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote