View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 AM

HC- I fully agree - no one other then the God Almighty knows the path we are all on.
We all struggle to figure out why things are what they are. We have so called men of science and Doctor's with several degree's but in reality they can't fix what happens in life.
Speculation is about the best we can get from anyone.

Your opinions are valuable to many (I am one) as we grow old we seem to ask more questions. Why is the big one. Uncertainty lies everywhere. Our past is our only tools of certainty - why? Be cause we lived through it.

I feel fortunate to have a family to have served my country and to reflect on my imperfections over the years. God knows imperfection is everywhere. I've yet to meet someone who is so perfect in life.

People at our age now thinks about what we could've done had we only known what we know today. It's a common practice we see as age grows upon us. If I know now what I've learned in 72 years - I would change many of my so called imperfections. But it don't work that way.

Sure we all say if I could turn back time - but we know that's not the answer. The inevitable path we are on reflects on who we are today. I've accomplished many things and yet I wish I could have done that earlier in my life rather than after the effect.

This is why life remains a mystery to most. We looked into the eyes of kids when they were born. Bright and shinny and so full of life itself. Precious and yet so fragile purity at its best. As we grow in life we learn to make many decisions - some good and some bad. But that's part of life.

We have freedom of expression in this country. We have many roads of decision making and yet their are paths that can lead to destruction.

Again I quote life is not predestined (many think it is) we are fragile human beings with dreams of what we will do in life. We are free thinker's make our own decisions and at times find that the success we searched for may not happen.

Free and independent society - is very correct. Not everyone is gifted to reach their goals. Remember as my pal Forest was told you never know what's in the box of chocolates.

Am I unhappy - not really but with a wife of 52 years digressing with little hope of getting better - breaks my heart to watch her degrade. I think we are closer today then ever in our life. Our cycle of life is nearly over - but we take one day at a time as all peoples should. Reflecting only on the past will only leave you in a world of your own.

My future is one day at a time. Routine is common. Branching out into other avenues is not in my future. I grade myself with a C+ meaning I could've done better (but only after I reflect on my past and doors of life that were available.

I've seen the world - been all around it East to West and North to South. I've been fortunate in many ways. I've tripped and fallen several times along the way. But for some reason I get up and begin once more.

Life isn't over until it happens -

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote