Thread: Stone
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default For some reason

I think things were a little different then. I would imagine that the rapers from the Union Army were dealt with fast and were probably shot. At least I hope and the same would go for us if we did any of that stuff....but never heard tell of any.

You had a valid reason for destroying the pagoda. Like I said, that's different. In either case here, both with the English and the Yankees, the Church was just burned.

I agree and don't really see things in just black and white, although I hate grey areas, which is why I like the clairity of WWII. I guess, and not from you guys, I get real defensive over Southern things and the bad rap we get. Still got a bad taste in my mouth over that damned flag flap and it's still going on. There is a contingincy in this country that won't be happy until all things uniquely Southern are branded as racist and destroyed. Even Dixie is a racist term today. Give me a break. Some reenactors are not even allowed to carry Southern Battle Flags. Revisionist history is taking over where they teach history. I liken the South and the Southern soldier to the Vietnam Vet. There are many paralells.

So back to history, Thanks for the info on Hancock. Think he would have made a good president. I like brave guys running things.

Have you ever been to Sharpsburg when visiting your son in Pa.? The battle field is more pristine than Gettysburg but Gettysburg is far more interesting and fun to tour.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links