View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:39 AM

Covan, Sir!

I was in Washington D.C, during Memorial Weekend of 2004. It was during this specific weekend, that the US National World War II Memorial was dedicated in a cermony. I did not attend of course, since I assume the actual cermony was for "specially invited" and for those whom fought in WWII. And besides, I have never been comfertable in large crowds of people, which was the case to be threre then also...

But I did go after the cermony however. Up until then, and yet still, I can not help to wonder, why not until 2004??? And I also still wonder, why still not yet, for WWI???

As I am not an American, it is not my place to critisize this fact. But as only being human, I am unable to keep from wondering over this... I just simply do not understand.

As for information to the public regarding the WWI Museum, I too find that saddening. At least some media one would think, would find it to be "in line of public service mentality" at least, to inform of this. Personally, I was unaware of the lack of media-coveridge, as I do not reside in USA myself. (I live in Sweden). But what I have been doing, is to try to share this with as many as I can reach, by various forums I post on.

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote