View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

So many women are already finding themselves in combat conditions, and as far as I know ALL are trained in basic to some degree in combat arms.

But, women in small combat platoons or squads, in the field indefinitely... that, to me, is a 100% different animal, regardless. Picture it... 5 or 10 grunts and 1 female. I have no doubt that 99.9% of the time those guys will control themselves, but there is a lot more to it than just whether or not the young lady is capable of accurate fire and eating MRE for six weeks.

Yes, it does have to do with her gender. Women have spent the past century demanding special consideration because of their gender requirements while at the same time demanding to be treated without discrimination, and now somebody proposes to create a situation which, frankly, many males still find absolutely unacceptable - as one guy put it recently, "I still find the thought of seeing a woman's guts blown out offensive."

Those units will accommodate if required to do so, however... I'm thinking this deal is maybe more like females not playing in the NFL.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote