View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pack

Your response caused a couple of reactions in me, first a bit of a sandstorm that you had to endure that level of incompetence, and secondly, disgust that our veteran care system is so broken that it appears to be irreparable. The only thing that will be done by any administration is just another band-aid on the open festering sore of grossly improper care provided by grossly underpaid workers. Even if they raised the pay, before long the private sector would still be a better alternative, since there is less bureaucracy with which to contend.

I still find it inconceivable how anybody could object to a "choice system." Is it because the big-government advocates fear that the choices some people would make would in turn invalidate big government itself? Take the issue of government schools, and the lousy end-products most of them produce. Why not parents a choice of how to spend the education dollar? Given an opportunity, most people will make better choices than those which the government makes for us. Same thing applies to medical care: would you choose to go to a doctor of your choice, or just rely on what the government provided for you? I know that you're smart enough to make a very intelligent choice. For those not smart enough to make intelligent choices, let the government choose for them.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote