View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well...you said that he was told they were lost in a fire...which would have been the fire at the NPRC in St. Louis. The Army didn't necessarily write down everything everybody did while in the army. It was a detail and that would probably not be in his records. I spent 3 weeks with an Assault Helicompter Company in Vietnam. That's not in my records. Spent 3 months in Hawaii and none of that is in my records. They were TDY assignments. I guess I agree...the only way he's going to prove what he did is to get sworn statements from others that were with him and that can be about impossible. If you get his records from St. Louis you may be able to see orders that contain the names of men he served with if they were promoted at the same time, recieved a unit commendation, came in or left at the same time, etc. Through those names, he may be able to find guys who were with him and locate them today. Then you'd have to convince the Congress or the VA Secretary to include his years as part of the AO ruling. You are looking at climbing Mt. Everest, but it's been done. Good luck.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote