Thread: VOM members
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob
If I had a site like this and was looking for funding I would sell the idea to the US government threw my Representative maybe in the form of a grant or even a budgetary item. The members hear that use the site will not be able to maintain the site indefinitely, the bigger it gets the more it cost to make it bigger so it cost more, Kind of like feeding the people of Africa, Feed them so they have more kids so we feed them more so they have more kids, etc.
This site is a very good place and I do use it, a lot. But Like I have stated before, You don't ask Micky Mantle to give money to the baseball Hall of fame.
This site should be funded by the US Government, and there are enough people hear with government ties that the channel for this could be found.

I feel sorry for Dave and Burn if they can not afford to run the site, but short term funding is not going to keep this site operating, It takes a plain and long tern planing.

So, although, I would miss this site greatly, I don't feel it would be up to me to fund it's existence.

Ron