Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 08:49 PM

I've often been asked by my kids, if I could meet anyone who ever lived who would it be and why? My answer has always been Elizabeth I, aka The Virgin Queen. This was a woman centuries ahead of her time. Too bad she received horrible military advice from her "advisors". As a ruler, she did more to advance the state of the common family in England than any King ever had. Okay, so she hated us Catholics, but she had just cause. Her sister Mary and the priests held her in very little regard and tried to have her killed. All because her father Henry VIII abolished the church, divorced a few wives, banished one to the tower and beheaded one or two others. Should that have been the fault of a child who was born to a woman who was not his first wife? Doesnt the bible say, Visit not the sins of the Father upon the son?
Long before the 19th Ammendment in this country, Elizabeth was a woman of power and did not sit quietly in the corner while the "menfolk" tended to the affairs of state. It is most unfortunate that she died childless. Though some would argue that she was hardly a virgin. Go Lizzy!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote