View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default thoughts,...

...I don't think these "kids" are, or were ready for the future that's upon them now, and by that I mean the struggles of growing up just were not there as it was when we were the children, most of you guys dealt with aftermath of WWII, and the Korean "conflict' , and parents that drew the line with behavior, and discipline etc, I grew up with Vietnam while you were there, and watched this country fight there, and here,and the lines were clearly drawn then, it was the fight them there, or here mentality, then if you mouthed back to your parents, you ended up picking yourself up out of a corner, and not wondering how you got there, now days, it's ,............

...with this generation of X box's, and playstation, comming from the gimme generation, and BOTH """parents """ are boxed in a cube all day henpecking at a computer instead of being there from the start of the day, and having latch key kids coming home with no direction of what I would call "daily morals" you know the ones like your room BETTER be clean, and your Chores BETTER be done, and , and , and your day was scheduled, and you knew you better not screw up, or you'd get your ass kicked,...

... not attributing this woman's demise to anything lacking of sorts, just stating that "there not ready for the conflict set before them because they were not fully educated on the total picture of what ""might"" come about,...

...I was shown a set of books from my Father called "the pictorial history of WWII", which I still have, and the actual photos of it made the hair on my neck stand up, and I knew about the "possible evils" that lurked in the world I did not know before, these kids have joined the military for the educational benefits, etc, and not really expecting to see the other side of the coin,...

...the downside is war is high tech now, and the rats are bigger, faster, meaner, and then oop's, who are they, where are they, they don't wear uniforms they look like everyone else out there in the world in the war their fighting, and then their "home sweet home", can't adjust after what they have seen, and done, uncle snuffy too busy to really debrief them, so their fodder,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote