View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 06:37 AM

You hit the nail right on the head MilitaryImages - that's what being a parent is all about and will always be. My folks were not too pleased that I volunteered for VN - but I had to do it - all my Bud's were going in and some had gone before me - some were already coming home in less than perfect shape (or worse).

The war was long and covered many years (I think 12) I went in 63 and got out in 75. It lasted almost my entire military term. I honor those who serve and I salute those who gave the ultimate price - but war is war and really no one really wins. There are winners and looser's on both sides and it takes years to heal from such an ordeal. Some never heal!

Where I grew up the Country, Flag and Family were all important and meant so much to our Father's and their's before them. If you don't stand up for what you believe in then no one else can be blamed but yourself later in life. You have to do what's right for you at all times in order to feel good about yourself.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote