Thread: Becoming One
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 10:16 PM

Yeah, that's where the "Creative" part comes in to the SCA. We used to have a great group of folks here in the Capital Region that really tried to get close to the real thing, so to speak. I went to a War of the Roses a few years back. Unfortunately I think the original battle had more foot soldiers than this war did. But it was fun. The thing I liked most about it was the dance classes. There were several of us "attempting" to learn some of the old dances. I still don't know how Queen Elizabeth was so active in a corset! She ussed to do this one dance...I can't recall the name, but it was considered to be athletic, with a lot of jumping and spinning. With all those petit coats and the boned corset and the heavy velvet over skirt...I would have passed out!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote