View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 10:44 AM

It would be best for them too - in the long run. Illegals usually get terrorized (by their own) and have to make big payments to those who brought them in to keep them from turning them in and getting tossed out. They also work for poor wages and many have turned to crime to supplement their incomes.

The correct way is to come in as many others have before them. And that way they get protection and same rights which will allow them a better way of living rather then in the shadows of despair.

Everyone of us had parents and grand-parents who were immigrants. They didn't have it easy - they had to learn our language - but they came through it. They went through the normal entry channels and got into our society and made a life for themselves and their families.

I'm very tired of the dual language situation in this country. Canada - has it and its just a mess. Here in the States we speak English not Spanish. Today cost have risen in the system because for some reason they are now "special" - this arrangement has driven up the cost of teaching for all of us.

I'm not against anyone who wants to come here legally and promote good will and contribute to our society. But I don't like special standards that force me to change - after all I was here before them! Now the system wants (ME) us accommodate the new comers of which most are illegal.

Reform - Reform - do this and then maybe we can get back to our way of life and some productivity will come out of it.

Like said above by others - its also a national security issue of which today doesn't make anyone feel too safe!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote