Thread: Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 10:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hello all.

I was born on an Air Force Base (Dad was in the Army after he got out of the Navy). He died and Mom raised us by herself.

My spouse is retired from the Army (after serving 4 years in the National Guard). He fought in Vietnam and Panama. We met when I was a child (16) so he threw me back. Fortunately, he came back later and found me.

We blame our marriage on the children. When I asked if they wanted to participate in the wedding, Chris and Peter said "I want to give you to Darrel". Eric was the best man.

Family is our focus. Darrel has 3 and so have I so we have 6. The only thing we fight about is how dead to kill the children when they are bad.

We ran away from home, again, last October. This time we're in Las Vegas. I'm working for an Engineering firm and Darrel is working at Radio Shack.

Patriotism. Our families, both men and women, have fought in every war since the Revolution and will be there for the next one (or is it this one).

I have lived an amazing life. I voted for Nixon in my first election, knit, crochet, do beadwork, sew, cook, repair a car, grow a garden, build a bookcase, build a computer, raise a child and love a man.

Joy

"You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote