View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Frank, I love you brother. I know you loved me. Thank you for being my friend. I'll keep your words and remember your love for music, books, a quiet life and your love of the ride.

You were the first to tell me I had as much right on the Veterans site as anyone else. You really didn't care what others thought. And you called me one day and told me not to back down when I felt something strongly. That I wasn't to be intimated by anyone. You are all so the first to say to me on the Veterans Site that there were some names not on the Wall that deserved equal recognition.

Frank you walked me through one of the darkest periods of my life. Calling me and checking on me and telling me what you were cooking just so I would take an interest in food. You were never harsh with me but you always told me the truth. There is no way that I can ever forget that time and what you did for me brother.

I laugh about all the times you called and read me your bumper stickers just to get me to laugh. You got busy with other things to do. I didn't hear from youagain until Griz got sick.When Griz got sick you wrote me and told me he was in your thoughts and you were hoping for the best. You wanted to see Kati with her daddy. And you told me "I got your slack Sis." I hope you know how much that meant to me. To know you were backing us up.

I am so thankful that I was able to help you with your computerand got to wish you Happy Birthday once more. You told me you wanted to keep your word about that October ride we were going to have a couple years ago but something happened and it didn't work out.

I was petrified to think about getting on the back of a bike again. I haven't been on one exceptwith my son since I was a kid.My son took me around the block and I said "That's it for me buddy". I wouldn't have told you no though for the world. I told you if you made it that you would be only one of two that had. Bit's being the other. It took Bit's almost three years to keep his word to me. But he made it. It looks like we won't make it this October but I know there has to be Harley's in heaven and October'scause it's one of my two favorite months. I'll catchup with you there.

I'm smiling now about you telling me you were coming to take this old lady for a ride...and "when I lean...don't lean Sis...sit straight up...or we will wind up some place we don't want to be..." "Ok brother..you won't have to tell me twice..."

This is killing me brother but I'm going to keep your words. "Go walk Sis...and don't put your head down, look at the trees and the flowers...think on the good things..."

Peace to your heart now dear brother...

I'll see you on the other side....

Your Sis....

Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote