View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 10:50 AM

kenmar,

Thanks for the link. I realize I should have looked into this conflict a long time ago. I can't say I didn't know about it but not much and especially how many were missing from that conflict - what a shame.

I've never seen much written or shown about the Korean conflict - every now and then you would get a little news. Watching a show the other night I became enlightened to the real issues and to all those lost soldiers.

I hope they will forgive my ignorance and allow me to thank them for all their sacrafices. 8100 missing seems a high price to pay.

You know these wars/conflicts are coming way too often. Will we ever get it through it? VN seemed to go on forever - longer I guess than any other conflict. I remember that one.

I've been watching the Civil War for the last couple weeks (I've seen it before) and that war had several days where numerous losses were suffered in just a single day of fighting today this wouldn't be tolerated by the American people.

I've got no Son's to send off to war only two daughters who are both married. But my family has served with pride a Grand-Father (WWI), Dad (WWII), Uncle WWII and a Brother (VN) and my tour (VN) is in our history. I survived by the Grace of God.

A belated "Welcome Home" to those Korean Vets and their families. Accept my gratitude for services rendered.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote