View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 11:23 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and find a squat somewhere! Paper'll be here directly! We'll worry about the rest of the world then!

I haven't been thinkin' of too much today. Just had that alert on my mind like most of us I reckon. There ain't too much I can do being a poor country boy tryin' to become a town kid again! LOL. I don't figure I'm in a place that's gonna catch too much terrorist attention til summer hits anyway. There'll be tourists around by the tens of thousands and Mt. Rushmore just a 20 minute crive away. There's better targets anyway than some piece of rock. Plus they got it sealed off pretty tight. Yer gonna play hell climbin' up there and get away with it! LOL.

I do think about folks who can't affard that duct tape and plastic who're livin' in places where there might be more of threat. They're the ones who can't afford to put food back or extra containers for water or such. Like others, they don't have the cash fer NBC gear of any kind unless it's given to them. On and on with that sort of thinkin'.

Me. I seen and heard the beast in other venues than some around here. He don't worry me too much. Like stayin' inna motel. When it's time to check out, it's time to check out. Let 'em make up the bed and clean up the room fer someone else to get some use out of! LOL. Ya do what ya can to put that day off of course, but once ya done all ya can, ya done all ya can! LOL.

Some things are worth the effort, I reckon. But we all seem to forget that we're not gonna be around forever as individuals and there ain't a damn thing you can do about that! Ya face the facts, deal with it and move on. Keep livin'. Keep motivatin'. Keep doin' everything ya can to make things right for the yerself, yer family and the next guy so that hopefully, when it is time to check out, ya made things a bit better than they were when ya got here.

Some things don't get me too excited. I ain't like some when an emergency happens. I get all calm and shit. Freak out later sometimes, LOL, but in the middle of it, I don't get too excited, usually. When it comes to that terrorism and duct tape and plastic stuff, well, don't let these things mess with yer head too much. Prepare best ya can. Do what ya can ahead of time to be ready and worry about the important things in life. Lovin' yer family and friends and doin' the best ya can to give the next guy a hand up so that he's able to deal with things on his own. Makin' sure what principles ya have are stiill doin' the job for ya, that sort of thing...and...

...warmin' up yer coffee and gettin' yer day sorted out before ya head out the door.

It's all good, folks. We'll get it sorted out. One thing at a time, first things first, settin' priorites....sooner or later we'll get it right. Might even do it better! It's a new day, folks! A new opportunity! Take advantage of it!