View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 11:02 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin'! Coffee's on! Ya better get a cup and get yer head straightened out! Day ain't quite started yet, so we got some time to sit and visit fer a bit!

Anyway. I was thinkin' again. Ya notice how I always end up sayin' somethin' when I got nothin' much to say? Yeah. I've noticed that, too. Kinda funny, really. I usually don't have much to say....I was thinkin' about how sometimes we might not know ourselves as well as we think we do. Oh, you know. The stuff in the mirror bit. No matter how good the mirror, we never really see ourselves as well as we think we do. There's always something that we just can't quite get our eyes on, no matter how we twist and turn and try to make it out. Some call it a 'blind spot'. Now blind spots can be a real big weakness in some situations. Let me give ya an example. I used to be into martial arts in a big way some time back. My 'sensei' had a bad habit, bein' pretty much school trained and not having been in a real fight out on the street, he had a weak spot. I found it right off, 'cause it was the only weak spot he had. I played hell sparrin' with him fer about three years. In the 'ring' he could take me, on points if nothin' else. But when he got 'set', that's when I'd get him. In a fight, there ain't time to get set mostly. You just go from a standing start most of the time. Anyway, the sensei would drop back to get into a set position and I'd nail him. Right between the eyes! For over six months I could do that, again and again and again. Whistle or bell would go off, he'd drop into his set position and I'd nail him again. I got to laughin' too hard one time and he put the hurt on me, ref or no ref. Learned not to laugh at my opponents after that one......

The sensei had a blind spot. Deadly inna fight. We each have our own blind spots about things. People, business, sports, relationships,,,,,,,,,,, something. We each have them. I know I have blind spots by the stuff I can't quite make out in the mirror, no matter how I twist around and up and down.

That mirror? Why...that mirror is life, my friends.

Learn where yer blind spots are at, folks. Things might get a little easier on ya. If nothin' else, the other guy might learn not to laugh at ya after he punches ya between the eyes!

It's a new day! A new opportunity! We got another chance to get it right! Make sure ya take advantage of it!