View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 11:13 PM

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and get settled! We got a few minutes to sit and visit before the day starts! Paper'll be here directly! Looks like it might be worth readin' this time!

I still get the funny pages first, though!

Well, I have a couple things on my mind. I'll just pose the one as a question and let it go at that. How're y'all doin' with this war goin' on? You know, how're feelin' about it havin' BTDT and not bein' able to help and all. Give ya another place to rant and get it offa yer chest. That's what morning coffee is all about. Real folks havin' a safe place to visit and have a cup of joe inna mornin'.

Now, on to somethin' that don't really matter in the midst of all this, 'cept fer just goin' on and livin' and bein' normal.

I was thinkin' about somethin' else entirely yesterday when in the middle of a conversation, I thought of something that's worked for me for years. Feller was wonderin' about me havin'
what little wisdom I do and as I answered him, I got to thinkin about this little principle. Oh, I told him I was the biggest damn fool that ever came down the road. Only reason I know what I do is from screwin' it up and then learnin' not to screw it up that way again. I always find a new way to screw it up! That means I've screwed the same thing up over and over and over again. I just do it in different ways is all! LOL.

Anyway, here's the lesson out of all of those times I FUBARED somethin' in my life. Whatever lesson ya learn in life, apply it to everything in your life. Across the board. Apply it to everything. Normally, this works pretty good. A short way of sayin' it is: If ya stick yer finger in the light socket and get bit, ya learn not to do that again! What ya learn is to keep yer finger outta light sockets. At least make sure yer not gonna get bit when ya do!

This example is a bit off the subject, but it fits. Humility. It ain't what ya think it is. Humility is knowin' yer weaknesses as well as yer yer strengths...and then bein' honest about all of them. Yeah! Think about that one fer a bit! Now. Apply that life lesson to yerself. Across the board. This one is an almost automatic application really. Someone asks if yer good at somethin', ya tell 'em. Straight up! It ain't braggin' if ya can do it! If ya can't do it, ya tell 'em! Ain't humility. It's truth!

That's all quite enough to think about this mornin' I guess. Y'all warm up yer coffee and get yer head wrapped around yer day before ya get started!

It's a new day! A new chance to get it right! We'll get there.