View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 08:24 AM

I posted this for all of those and the many more who did not return - and for those like my brother Larry who later died from A.O. and George Yocum (KIA by incoming charges) who lived down the street from me and was a very good long time friend. There are so many more I knew that are gone from that war - but NEVER FORGOTTEN as the piece above so mentions.

I was in VN along the coast in 64 & 66 we brought in ammo & supplies but never made it inland. Though we would take the wounded back with us to PI - if requested. We even took back captured or wounded Viet Cong on occasion for medical and later interrogation. We also picked up pilots that were shot down. I saw the stress and stain on many veterans faces it is very difficult to explain. But you knew they had seen plenty and it showed in their eyes. All were Brave American guys - your heart broke to see so many injured.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote