View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 AM

Default Complete Recognition

Short Dawg...Short Dawg...,

Let us not forget participation of those during the battles of Bataan, and Corregidor before being a POW or KIA.

After being contacted by an 89 year old veteran of Bataan, I researched the subject extensively.

Unfortunately, the more I dig, the more injustice I discover. I located only a few veterans fully recognized for their contribution to keep this country free that we enjoy today.

Records reveal recipients of the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) that fought along side of personnel being denied like awards today.

I contacted the Army Review Boards Agency before submitting paperwork for processing the veteran to be awarded earned awards and decorations. Their response was no member of the veteran's unit is eligible for the CIB.

Their response is in violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), Article 92. Failure to obey order or regulation. Their position is contary to a host of guidelines, agencies, previous action by Commanding Generals, subordinate officers, and history of recipients that fought during the same battles.

Today, there are only a few remaining on this planet that continue to wait for justice. By the way...the veteran died a month after refusal by the Army. He was buried at Arlington National Cemetery last year. Another warrior gone to his grave without full recognition.

What is the avenue to correct the system? My Representatives of Congress could care less.

OVER

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote