Thread: Stone
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Smile stuff

Tom,
Think it was Churchill who said, ?In defeat defiance, in victory magnanimity?? Of course you have the right to be defiant and I have some obligation to be magnanimous. However, there is no doubt that any objective person should be able to see that on the whole, Lee, Jackson, Forrest, Longstreet and others were very good generals. I would add a few other names which you would object to, so be it.

There were some southern A**holes who misused emblems of the CSA and now those who are politically correct want to abolish them. I?m not as bad as my cousin but see nothing wrong with flying the Confederate flag. I feel the same way about flying the pennant of my infantry Bat. which no longer exists.

Regarding rape, yes it was a different time and I?m sure some ladies were reluctant to come forward in 1864, more so than today. However only two were reported. An extremely small number. 25th Division had a man who was accused of rape in 1967, arrested for rape, found guilty of rape and sent to LBJ. He was turned in my his fellow soldiers. I wonder if Oliver Stone knew that?

Handcock never had a chance at being President. After the Grant administration and all it?s scandals I don?t think the country was ready for another ex-general.

Never been to Sharpsburg. Wanted to several times but either wives or liquor got in the way. Then again whiskey?s been blamed for lots if things it didn?t do. Next time I?m in PA. I?ll suggest the trip Again.

Stay healthy,
A foot soldier
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote