View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tax Code changes

As orignally posted, I was advocating a revision in the US Tax Code that would either abolish or severely restrict the 501(c)[3] designation, an artifice that has allowed countless (it seems) organizations to avoid paying taxes. But some off-the-wall comments slunk in that should be addressed: Charles Lindbergh, probably the most famous isolationist, as a conservative? Hate to shatter your little bubble of fantasy out there, but the conservative movement as is identified today wasn't even much of a thought when Lindbergh advocated his hands-off approach. Rupert Murdoch as sleaze merchant? Tut tut. To paraphrase a political spin-meister, It's about perjury and obstruction of justice, stupid, not about sex. Get it? Felonies and as opposed to philandering.

Let's start by taking away the tax-exempt status for the ADA, the Ford Foundation, the labor unions, the NEA, as well as the Roman Catholic church and other denominations.

Tsk, Tsk - somebody has a million-dollar income. Oh, the shame of somebody having success, especially if he happens to be a preacher. Quick, the Income Police to the rescue, save us, save us, but let us overlook the publicly sanctioned and approved extortion of Jesse Jackson. Better yet, let's examine and remove his tax-exempt status as well, and make him get a real job for a change, the first one he ever had in his life.

Keeping it on topic, I advocate abolishing the tax-exempt status period, and after that, we'll see who really are the philantropically driven folks, who will give irrespective of the deductibility. Kinda like my work with Habitat for Humanity - my reward is seeing the unbelievable smiles on the faces on new homeowners!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote