View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 10:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by colmurph "My kind" do get it Gimpy....we're on to the DNC bull crap! Yes Gimpy I earned my bennies! I also stayed in and retired.
You have a Purple Heart Gimpy, which entitles you to medical care for disabilities caused by that wound......
No................You're WRONG again there Smurph!

If you're going to attempt to debate an issue you should REALLY learn more about the "subject matter", ya know.??

All you right-wing, radical extremeists fanatics like to do is bitch and whine about something you have absolutely no knowledge about or comprehension of.

I get ALL my health FREE OF CHARGE...........ALL OF IT!....EVERYTHING I NEED...........FOR ANYTHING! Cause that's the way it's set up for 100% Permanent & Total. Not JUST for "that wound" you dingbat.........for ANYTHING!

I did not even USE the VA health care system when I was working and making a living for more than 30 years! Not even AFTER I retired on disability and continued to use my firms private medical insurance.

When I finally was awarded my 100% disability in 1999 after nearly THREE freakin years of appeals and it was backdated to 1996 is when I started using the VA as my "primary" medical care provider!

So.........don't sit there with your little condescending, immature and "Holier Than Thou" attitude and try and say me or anyone else is getting something they damn well don't DESERVE if you don't have the "facts" to back up that idiotic statement!

You're just like your "hero" Gee-Freakin-W, open mouth........insert foot! Before you even know what-the-hell you're talkin about!

FYI--------------Not that it'll do you any good.........I doubt your "attention span" is long enough to comprehend this information!

From the Department of Veterans Affairs web Site:

http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/home/hecmain.asp

All Veterans are Potentially Eligible

Eligibility for most veterans? health care benefits is based solely on active military service in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard (or Merchant Marines during WW II), and discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.

Reservists and National Guard members who were called to active duty by a Federal Executive Order may qualify for VA health care benefits. Returning service members, including Reservists and National Guard members who served on active duty in a theater of combat operations have special eligibility for hospital care, medical services, and nursing home care for two years following discharge from active duty.

Health Care eligibility is not just for those who served in combat.

Other groups may be eligible for some health benefits.

Veteran?s health care is not just for service-connected injuries or medical conditions .

Veteran?s health care facilities are not just for men only. VA offers full-service health care to women veterans.

Priority Description

Priority 1:

Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 50% or more disabling, or
Veterans determined by VA to be unemployable due to service-connected conditions

Priority 2:

Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 30% or 40% disabling

Priority 3:

Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 10% or 20% disabling

Veterans who are former POWs

Veterans awarded the Purple Heart

Veterans whose discharge was for a disability that began in the line of duty

Veterans who are disabled because of VA treatment or participation in VA vocational rehabilitation program

Priority 4:

Veterans who are receiving aid and attendance or housebound benefits (on pension) from VA

Veterans who have been determined by VA to be catastrophically disabled

Priority 5:

Veterans receiving VA pension benefits

Veterans who are eligible for Medicaid programs

Veterans with income and assets below VA Means Test Thresholds

Priority 6

Veterans with 0% service-connected conditions, but receiving VA compensation

Veterans seeking care only for disorders relating to Ionizing Radiation and Project 112/SHAD

Veterans seeking care for Agent Orange Exposure during service in Vietnam

Veterans seeking care for Gulf War Illness or for conditions related to exposure to Environmental Contaminants during service in the Persian Gulf

Veterans of World War I or the Mexican Border War

Veterans who served in combat in a war after the Gulf War or during a period of hostility after November 11, 1998 for 2 years following discharge or release from the military

Priority 7:

Veterans who agree to pay specified copayments with income and/or net worth above VA Means Test threshold and income below the Geographic Means Test Threshold

Subpriority a: Noncompensable 0% service-connected veterans who were enrolled in VA Health Care System on a specified date and who have remained enrolled since that date

Subpriority c: Nonservice-connected veterans who were enrolled in VA Health Care System on a specified date and who have remained enrolled since that date

Subpriority e: Noncompensable 0% service-connected veterans not included in Subpriority a above. VA is not currently using Subpriority e.

Subpriority g: Nonservice-connected veterans not included in Subpriority c above. VA is not currently using Subpriority g.

Priority 8:

Veterans who agree to pay specified copayments with income and/or net worth above VA Means Test threshold and the Geographic Means Test Threshold.

Subpriority a: Noncompensable 0% service-connected veterans enrolled as of January 16, 2003 and who have remained enrolled since that date

Subpriority c: Nonservice-connected veterans enrolled as of January 16, 2003 and who have remained enrolled since that date

Subpriority e: Noncompensable 0% service-connected veterans applying for enrollment after January 16, 2003

Subpriority g: Nonservice-connected veterans applying for enrollment after January 16, 2003

Priority Scheduling for Service-Connected Veterans

VA will provide you priority access to care if you are a veteran who:

Needs care of a service-connected disability or

Are 50 percent service-connected or higher and need care for any condition

##############

So wake up out of that hate-mongering, radical right-wing propaganda spewing stupor you're in there Smurph and try and "learn" what the hell you're talkin about before you go and OPEN your big mouth, OK.

Otherwise you'll just continue to look as stupid as you SOUND!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote