Thread: Quiz
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2002, 12:53 PM

Default there was a Korean war ?!?!?

Man, that quiz on Korea really dumped one on me !! I know it was before my time, but I really don't remember reading too much about the goings on over there. I managed to luck out on a coupe of good guesses though. Time to bone up on what my brothers before me did.
MAN !! I done did some reading and you guys what served in Korea had it bad, jack ! I read up on the landing at Inchon and the battle at the Chosin Resovoir. There's lots more reading I gotta do, but the Chosin makes the Ia Trang look like a water-balloon fight ! I salute the Marines who fought (and died ) in that battle !!!!!
I cried when I read about the Ia Trang, but I wept and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when I read about the Chosin.

I guess the Korean War was and is treated like we see the Vietnam war being treated in the history books in the schools. a few short paragraphs and nothing about what really happened. It time we raise a ruckus, guys. Our history is being written and taught by those who obviously weren't there. And you know what they say, "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."