View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Don?t think I perceive many spirituality molecules floating around in Hil, so doing a Billy Sunday rant in the Senate isn?t very becoming, at least to me. Her handicap is that she is not an unknown, is towing a lot of history in her wake and most people do value consistency. Until she began her current journey she was reasonably consistent, but now she seems to have the beltway flipity flipitus going.

Actually several months ago when Hil was popping of with sloganeering from the 1920 Comentern book of approved things to say, she was a lot more convincing and was punching-up with a lot more enthusiasm. Something for everyone I suppose, so now she goes to the opposite spectrum stop, oh my.

And if Hil were to study up a bit on the History of the Roman Empire she might be surprised to find that there were very strong border enforcement areas throughout the Empire and interlopers didn?t have to worry about things as benign as some charge or another. Nope, a jab with a short sword was the usual remedy. Though a bit later than biblical times, Hadrian?s Wall speaks of the mindset of the times. So if Jesus had transgressed the Roman lines in the sand, I?m sure he would have met an earlier fate, no doubt.
As it were, the Roman Legions were used specifically to guard the frontiers, specifically kept out of Rome; not trusted eh, and did so. Crummy analogy Hil, get a better speech writer and loose those blue light special spinists, they are an embarrassment.

Without proper border enforcement, penalties are meaningless. Cities like Los Angeles and Denver have declared themselves ?safe havens? and aren?t about to enforce anything, regardless of what is on the books. Personally, I think it grossly inhumane to have all those people outside the system and unable to fully participate as they may wish. But no border enforcement equals no viable programs, being horribly taken advantage of and that equation is rock solid. Those people left their homelands because of corruption and indifference so it makes little sense just to pitch then in yet another sea of corruption and indifference but call it a ?good thing?. All ya get is angry people who go promptly to the take mode and that?s an indisputable fact.

Scamp