View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

A picture is worth a thousand words although the comments by the first poster after the pics is worth reading, couldn't have said it better:

"I am old now and cannot go to this place to kill Taliban. It is not fair that the mistakes of men my age result in such death and injury to be suffered by the young. I support every last one of the young men and think, meditate and pray for them. There is much to weep about here but that would not save one Marine. I know now at my age that Socarates was right, "Only the dead have seen the end of war." I am not comforted by this, I am left very cold. Soon enough it will be over for me, most of you will have to live with it for a while." ~ Posted by Tom Edmisten September 29, 09 12:28 P ~

Great post Rev, thank you.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" is actually a quote from Plato but we can forgive the memory of one with a heart such as Mr. Edmisten.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote