Thread: WWII vet
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 07:16 AM

Tina - I regret the loss of anyones friend - as fiends are lifetimes of memories. Our family is thinning like tomorrow has arrived. I'm loosing my Uncle a WWII Vet to spinal cancer. He was my hero growing up.

He was someone I looked up to. He was a fine soldier during WWII and 25 year fire fighter what more could a kid ask for.

They are all in the late 70's and 80's now and many have grown weary and are just plain tired. I notice the parades are thinning out where the old soldier's would walk with pride down the streets. You can see the mileage on their faces and everyday issues taking a toll on many.

The hospitals are full of these souls who in one way or another are fighting another battle for their lives once again. We all age and we will all die from one thing or another. I pray for all those who suffer and when I think I've got it tough I know damn well there are others who have it a lot worse. God Bless Those Who've Given So Much For So Little In Return.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote