View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 02:42 PM

I was there during the last part of the dust-up involving logistic support of SF camps. As SF was setting up more and more camps, the logisitic requirement increased and the Air Force started trying to push thier weight around.

The Air force and the CIA had lost a major round when the Arrmy was given counter-guerilla responsibilities and it looked like the Army was winning the helicopter debate, so the AF saw an opportunity to rub it in the Army's eye. When the AF began dictating terms as to which SF camps they would deliver to and under what conditions, the Army lobbied to buy the C-7A Caribou's and Kennedy supported them. The AF had to concede the helicopter issue or lose the entire ball game. This wasn't settled until late 66, early 67 when the C-7A's went to the Air Force and the L-20/U-6 Beavers all went to the Army.

Rotorwash
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote