View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bi-partisan....I agree

but when you really look at it.....LBJ and McNamara were the biggest criminals and during their reign we lost the most people. I certainly agree though, that there was enough blame to go around. I disagree though, and I'm no Nixon lover and was a Democrat in those days, that Nixon screwed up the peace thus screwing the Vietnamese. When the peace accords were though, the North Vietnamese were convinced that Nixon was crazy and WOULD nuke them eventually. Kissinger keep this guise up in Paris telling Le Duc To, I think, that he could not control Nixon. The North never took over the South while Nixon was in and the Vietnamese could count on our Air Support. It wasn't until Nixon resigned and the Congress voted to cut off all aid to South Vietnam, Ford was president, that the North invaded in full force defeating the SVN. Had they had our air support, the "vaunted" NVA would have never done it. In everything I've read, the one thing in agreement was that the North Vietnamese feared Nixon and believed very much that he would use nukes on them eventually. And, it was the Communists, of course, that went against their own peace treated once Nixon resigned.

James...Merry Christmas! Will be at Dan's this coming weekend. Will tell him you say "hey" and ABU!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote