View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy....I think this report is a bit misleading. The Provider, usually like a flight surgeon, but a doctor none the less, OFFERS the servicemember treatment. Most decline. Even when they are told it won't hold up their leave, etc. I look at the medical records of all who come to see me and the sheet is always in there. Many come later but most say "Oh, I'll be ok. If it gets worse..etc." I always ask why they didn't seek treatment right away and most...heck all right now have said that they thought they would be ok. It is only when it starts getting worse or if it is affecting job performance do they end up getting sent to me or similar people. The service member is always offerred the treatment...but just like most of us would have said when we returned, "naw, I can handle this ok." I have NEVER in my life seen the military so geared up for PTSD. We almost over hound these guys to get treatment.

I am really suspicious of this article. But glad you posted it because I am really proud of what we, Ft Stewart, and a bunch of other places are to at least make these guys aware of the problem. Something we never got.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote