Thread: Dec 67
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM

I haven't done the research yet, but I thought that the US pulled most of our troop out of Dom. Rep. shortly after August 31, 1965. According to Ron he was still in high school until November of 1965, three months after peace keeping operations were turned over to Brazil. Maybe after he finished engineer AIT, the Marines that he went there to help were in such dire need of a PVT dog-face engineer that they put him in one of those "mini C-130s with two engines" that was in reality a "way-back machine" that trasnported him back in time. Yeah, like I believe that. maybe one of you can check the dates or perhaps there were guys on this forum that were in Dom. Rep. Yes, there were some US forces left there for probably a year, but I doudt that there were any emergency operations as described by Ron in April of 1966 or later.

At least this Ron character brought back fond memories of the "Rocky and Bullwinkle Sow" for me.

As for the guys that were fooled by Ron at first: don't feel badly about being taken in by this guy. He befriended you at first, then spread his BS over time. We had one on the Special Forces Teamhouse forum do the exact same thing to us over there, until someone started putting two and two together.

Those of us now reading Ron's BS and spotting the red flags do so with the advance knowledge that he is a wannabee. That makes it a lot easier for us to shoot holes in his stories.

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote