Thread: Dec 67
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pru435 View Post
Robert and all;

All you need is the individuals full name to get an individuals records through the FOIA using the POWnetwork. Anything else is always good. But, you can get the records with just the name. Mary and Chuck Shantag are great people.
guys,

So far all I have on Ronnabee is that his first name is Ron -- possibly Ronald. His last name, or at least a name he used is Willert. I think that I have his date of birth. I would have to dig back through the old stuff to verify, but I seem to recall it as October 16, 1947. I would definitely verifying it before writing to the Schantags. I think that I also have his dates of service. So the best things for me to get before writing to the POW Network is to verify his name, and certainly a look-see at any DD-214 that he may have posted, along with any story he has regarding the changing of his name or any aliases he may have used.

The Schantags are indeed the best as proving service, or lack thereof in the case of wannabees, but we owe it to them to give them as much information as possible to make their job easier.

So any of you guys that can help with this info, I would greatly appreciate it. Send it as a PM if you prefer, but it would be best if you guys that have any of this information can compare notes so posting it here might be better.

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote