Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 AM

Default Welcome aboard

Saw an interesting WWII special the other day on sniper scopes and found that the Russian scope was simple and could quickly be sited in - compared to any other high tech scopes even today. I'm not a sniper but an average shooter for sport - but I found this interesting. The simplicity of a scope adjustment for targeting could be sited in just three shots. Most were taking 5 or more.

I'm not sure how long it takes to site in most scopes - but I know my 30.06 took about 6 shots to site in most of the time.

I'm also curious about cold whether siting practices as compared to warm weather shooting and how that affects ones ability to site accurately in the climate changes. Can you enlighten me - Thanks

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote