Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Greetings", Jon.

Re: "No combat",...just count your blessings. I did & still do. Seeing that about: "LZ-Exray" movie certainly reinforced my contention & belief.

Also, and as 3 year Aggressors/Op-Forces for the 10th Infantry Division in West Germany
(one of our jobs), got to see first hand how fiddle-f--cked-up things could get in The Field,
without any REAL AMMO being fired, and with nary a scratch nor blood expended.

Whether as Recon Company or Troop, more blood was actually lost in German Gasthauses.
Standard greeting to others of: "If not Recon you're s--t" is no way to make new friends.

Ironically, The Brass just loved such. Consider such brainwashings great espri-de-corps.
When only a short while in Germany CO egged some Bird Colonel sent down from Division
inspecting us to: "Ask him what he thinks about 10th Recon".

After bellowing out like a recruit right in his face: "If you're not Recon..., SIR",...
got complimented on how very shiney my boots wearing & under bed were.
Never even mentioned my stolen 8 Ball displayed in foot locker used for darning socks.

In fact, NO ONE ever mentioned my 8 Ball prominantly displayed with my socks for about
three years, in either 10th Recon or "The A-Troop". Go figure? Hey,...what works, works.

Neil