View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

JRILEY1349 wrote:

"Like so many Vietnam-era vets, I get resentful about how our political leaders wasted the youth, ideals and lives of our generation. I'm hopeful that today's troops will be spared that legacy in coming years."

Mr. Riley,

I read your profile and you state that you guessed you got lucky because you didn’t have to go to Vietnam. Then you go on to speak of wasted youth, ideals and lives of your generation and how resentful you are.

Cuss, whine and moan.

Will somebody in this crowd step up and cry me a freakin’ river!

Let me tell you something Mister the love of my life most certainly did not waste his youth, his ideals or the short life that he had. He did not regret for one minute his service in Vietnam. He was a MAN before he went to Vietnam. He was a MAN when he came home. He was MAN in his dying. And he was the best thing that ever happened to me. Everything he went through and the courage he displayed going through it gave me the tools to survive and raise his children to mature hard working adults

Furthermore, the only resentment I have is towards whining bitter Vietnam Veterans that at this writing have been given some forty years longer than he had to get it right.

Arrow

And by the by, your long political spiel on this forum is in direct conflict with your request that all political commentary should be constrained to the political forum.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote