View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Cols......

I?d say that Kerry strapped on the wrong JATO bottle rocket long ago and most likely wouldn?t get into a misadventure like that again. At the time I suppose he was getting face time in a pop cause and never in his wildest imagination did he foresee what a long-term quagmire all that Red stuff was. The Guy is pealing carpet to distance himself from Fonda and her ilk and his entire episode/adventure with the Reds. I don?t fault him for trying to get clear of that ball of venomous snakes, but do find Kerry having way too much ambition and way too little savvy at the time and that combination is always good for some skid marks on the highway, a hole in the fence and a trip out into the boon dock pasture of life.

The odds-on bet at the time was that the Communists/Soviet Union were the cause de jour and I don?t doubt for a moment that the opportunistic Kerry saw that as an opportunity for face time/recognition by being with the mob that was going to belly rub, pinch and tickle, tap dance and otherwise make amends and body fluids with the Reds. He was almost right for a few years when every tin pot nincompoop Dictator in the world had a high vacuum lip lock on the Red butt and was kicking sand in the US face via the UN shenanigans. But then the Afghanistan war came along, then the Gipper and then all of a sudden, oops, Ivan crapped his pants and the once plausible scenario of hugging your local, friendly, neighborhood Communist revolutionary went by the boards, then the Bear went bust, etc., etc.

In terms of being a helpful idiot for the Reds, I?d say Kerry did OK, but not world class like a Fonda or the rest of the idiotic?shits did. Anyway, if he appears to equivocate and blather a bit I?m sure it?s simply because he knows he got had, big time, and would just as soon we all pass on those issues. I?ll be happy if he simply republishes his currently suppressed book as there isn?t any arguing about all that, but I want to read and study/research that publication for myself/ see what I see. My guess is that he got a lot of ?help? with that book and that help can?t stand a lot of daylight and scrutiny.

Scamp