View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 10:38 PM
Doc.2/47

Thanks guys for the kind words and good advice.I'm sorry that I haven't been able to get back to the thread sooner but on the weekends my time that I can spend on the computer is very limited.I don't really know of any logical reason that I should feel guilty about what I did/didn't do in the Nam.Unfortuneately it doesn't appear that emotions respond especially well to logic.I have for the most part put that year behind me but I find that I am left with something of an emotional mine-field.There are some things that I had best steer clear of or risk releaseing a flood of memories and emotions that are hard for me to handle and are better left alone.These mine-fields are pretty well mapped out at this point and I just don't go there.It is unfortunate that memorials are one of these.Again,it makes me very glad that you guys are able to go to the memorials-both for your sakes and for the memory of our fallen.Neither they nor you will ever be forgotten by me even though I can't be there.
PHO127-As I'm sure you are well aware,medics are far from being the only healers and saviors on any battlefield.Some of the very best "medics" it has ever been my honor to know were really 11B's.I spent a lot of time feeling pretty much redundent.
Fred and Keth-There is no doubt in my mind that you guys are 100% correct on all points.The problem is that KNOWING and FEELING are two different things.
I truly did not intend to make an "Oh poor me!" post but please know that I appriciate your kind words and advice more than you can know.