View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Last I checked this out, the Indian wage base for I.S. help desk /software product development was about one half the going rate in the US. I think the real show stopper here is the US costs of benefits, especially medical and dental coverage. This can easily double, triple or quadruple the hourly wage rate cost of having someone on the payroll. Another issue going on is that the Indian Government isn?t allowing those who collect an education on the Government nickel to emigrate. So what is resulting is that Deli is becoming wall-to-wall and stacked to the ceiling with various levels of computer science grads, and they are really, really liking the prevailing wage rate.

So anyway, if we wanted to do something to bring the US worker to parity with the world, we?d need to overhaul our health cost system significantly. But so long as we have Attorneys driving medical costs out of sight and beyond, we can forget any kind of wage parity and international competitive stance in any number of fields.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote