View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

These offshore workers screw the IT industry bad. Clinton raised the work visa numbers for our industry from 10k a year to 60k. Half the people I meet in the industry around here have a red dot on their foreheads. You cannot understand a damn thing they say on the phone in tech support either. There are other countries that produce excellent code and can be understood. Two examples of this are Russia and Ireland. I have worked with programmers from Russia and while they do have a different way of going about things that increases project cycle times they pay attention to detail and the finished product rocks for the price. Ireland, while costing a bit more for the finished product does just as well. Why we as Americans stand for losing our jobs to foreigners that compound problems by not giving a sh*t about learning our language or culture to even support the products they produce is beyond me. It is GREED pure and simple and it has been the downfall of many other great nations before us.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote