Thread: Farmboy
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 PM

This has gone from silly to stupid.

Try this link and read through.http://benefits.military.com/misc/in...nt.jsp?id=1165

Here is a snip from that
"During the Vietnam war, infantry, military police, and signal soldiers trained at Fort Gordon. While Signal Corps training continued to expand throughout the 1960s,"

There was an area called Camp Crockett, I believe, where we did most of our training.
My Training Unit was B 8 3 we were across the street from the POW huts-behind us were the 2 C119s on static display.
We were the guys who were required to wear steel pots with camo covers all the time.
It was for anybody who had enlisted airborne infantry.
They ran it like jump school, PT, pushups, running, and screaming "Airborne" at every move.
It made jump school a snap,
If you were there in March '67, you must recall them spreading manure all over the Ft to try and get grass to grow.

Jump school was at Ft Benning. I was at 45th company. Class 32.
The 82 had a small one going at Ft Bragg and SF was running one in VN at Dong Ba Thienh for indiginous folks and selected US guys.

I am vetted at a number of veteran's boards. Never been thru this silliness, though.
Some of you guys have made definitive statements that are just plain wrong-like no Inf AIT at Ft Gordon.

After SFTG and time in 6th group, I did two tours in an A Camp on the border in 3 corps.

Like I stated before my SFA # is D5216. Your 4 tour guy should know what that means.
I would invite him to apply for membership at The Teamhouse.
sendpm.gif