View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
John was a true friend to all. He Grace My life for 4 years .This trully makes my Heart Hurt as I never got back to Mwtc as I have wanted too before his passing. Sir John Thank You For what you taught me and being part of the man I have become ... John Foster , Rodge , Rodge Semper Fi
Yes John, we had a great time and Sir John was always there for us. For a tool, a part, a haircut in the HE shop. He was always there.
The Commandant of the Marine Corps came to visit twice in my twenty years on the mountain, both times his first stop was to visit Sir John.
When he moved into the new HE shop, behind the door was his dress blues and an old M1 Garand.
Always chewing on stogie that resembled a week old cat turd, driving around in 60's chevy truck he affectionately called "Irene" (who was Irene??). There are stories about john I could tell first hand, but only the people that were there would believe them. He was that kind of a man.
I visited John the day before he died. It was tough for me to see him like that.

RIP Sir John, this Memorial Day I remember.

John Foster, my friend it has been too long.

Rog

On edit: does anyone remember his handwriting?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote