Thread: K-bar
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 10:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Red car for a fireman!

I guess i just had you pegged for red car, like the stereotype dog for you would be a Dalamatian. Yar! You'd probly EAT a Dalmatian and send the bones to Disneyland, we've pretty well established youre not all that sentimental and certainly not stereotypical. What a cheery face you must bring to disasters!
Speaking of throwing knives, I been staring at that picture of me I posted above for hours, same as I do every Sunday and thinking about that knife. Now I stop and think about it, i flang it at a sandbag or 2 but I don't remember it. I mean what else was there to do on a firebase after youve cleaned Mr. 30 Rounds for the 9th time today? (ans: smoke pot!2d choice: booze!)
Don't know if you can see it but in that picure you can see the little grindstone they gave us with it, , ah the many happy hours I spent sharpening that knife, no I woldn't hardly have throwed it much, I mean, you know, it was an every day tool, more or less. For opening C's and stuff.
I'm pretty sure I never got to where I could even stick it in consistently and I'm not sure I ever set out to do so.
But I kept the edge sharp! This was actually where I learned to sharpen an edge. See that huge old Toad stabber that big lunk on the right side is wearing?? A Dive Knife!! Now what, I would ask him, elephant do you think youre going to beat to death with that, Berserky, which is what I called him. His dad had been in the Waffen SS and his mom sent me the best poundcake I have ever eaten.
EDGES!!! EDGES!!! That, I told him, iswhat gets the meat cut in this world and when I say edges here I mean SHARP edges!! Yes, I'd say, its the keen sharp edge that cleaves the sinews the best, stabbing deepest to the vitals, not some big old machete that can't hold edge.
No wonder he carried the radio all the time! ( I had ducked that in favor of walking point) I got all that stuff about edges from the one member of the team 4-7, Easy Co lrrps who would know for sure, and all he would do is sharpen that knife and mumble about the importance of edges,although I suspicioned once or twice he was only doing that to fake being crazy. I knew lrrps who would do stuff l;ike that, they were trluy awful some of em, no respect for law and authority. You wouldn't want em throwing knives around you, no you wouldn't, it'd be disturbing, especially if they got hilarious
Hope you can make it out to the LAzy J Ron, we'll kill some things and eat em!