View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 06:23 AM

HC - How true miss the old gals from back in the 50's. My favorite was a 56 Ford and my 60 Pontiac Catalina. Later I got a 65 Buick Rivera then it all went downhill. Now I drive an 07 Nitro and its been pretty good - but that was my last new car. Wife's old car is a 96 Chevy Cavalier 26K miles sits in the garage she doesn't drive any more perfect shape no rust the engine looks new under the hood. I drive it around the block to circulate the fluids and keep the tires from getting flat spots on them.

My very first car was a 52 Dodge what a tank all steel with hydro-drive. A clunker for the days when you didn't care what it look like it was a set of wheels.

Also went thru my motor cycle stage as well but those days are gone now. Balance isn't what is was back then I'd need a trike but the cost of those is way beyond my budget.

Boats

Just remembered we also had an old 46 Lincoln Zephyr 4-dr. (inline flat head) I think the pistons were really small ~1.25 to 1.5" diameters) had those seats made out of your old grandmothers sofa's. (267 cu in max. speed ~90 mph) manual on the column an ugly brown color. Also these older cars had thick steel panels and fenders and that is what added weight to the auto along with the smaller engine designs of the day. But they were built to last for sure.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote