Thread: Quick jab
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:57 PM

Default Quick jab

Greetiings, has anyone heard of operation Quick Jab that occurred in may-june(?) 1981. I remember the pep talk the co gave us. His name was Lt.COl. Ford. This all started with a float to Tinian and some libo in Saipan. We re-embarked onto the ship and floated for a while then were told about some training which was this: we lined up on the top deck and loaded onto some mike boats down the side of the ship on the nets. I remember hitting the beach and running for dear life. I was an a-gunner so I was heavy with .60 ammo. I remember getting gassed and thats about it. I was yelling and firing my 16 like a madman.Now this next statement is true and I have seen many VA counselors. I do not remember if it was real ammo or not. To this day I have a "memory" or a "flashback" or a whatever of just my hands loading a magazine with live rounds. I was awarded the marine corp expeditionary medal for this float. I never had a citiation for the medal. This medal got me a membership into the vfw which confuses me more. Any help out there? Regards, Matthew
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links