Thread: March 10th 1968
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Convoy from An Khe to Qui Nhon was not really that. It was actually a convoy from Qui Nhon
to An Khe, I just didn't know it.
We went from An Khe to Qui Nhon and then to An Khe and then back to Qui Nhon. The next morning we went back to An Khe. I was happy to stop that cycle and shower and sleep for a day and a half. Stopping along that road was especially exciting.
At one time while stopped a Sgt came by and told us all to be on the alert. No shit. as apposed to having a ever watchful eye I guess. While stopped someone in the middle shot his gun, ( you don't want to do that with a 19 year old kid and a quad 50 at your trigger finger) one of the guys in our 3 some was on the Q-50 and opened that thing up on the hillside. WOW. I was so impressed. Although I was under cover , I did get the last 3-4 seconds of his display. Then we had to reload the Q-50 as the SGT was telling the guy he was a dip shit and WTF are you doing, we pretty much ignored him and continued re-loading. Note,,, a HOT M-2 is not real easy to load when there are 4 of them. The gage is not correct and twisting a barrel is a job for a LT, Say, LT could you give us a hand, we can't seem to turn this barrel.
THANKS

HE He He

Ron