View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

Pence Supports One-Week CR/Year-Long Defense Bill

5:07 PM, Apr 6, 2011 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

Mike Pence has been one of the leading opponents of the short-term budget bills, but says he's on board for Boehner's proposed stopgap that will fund the government for one week and the Department of Defense for the remainder of the year:
“While I am frustrated that liberals in the Senate continue to resist our efforts to include even modest cuts in this year's budget, I will support a one-week Continuing Resolution because the troops come first. H.R. 1363 will fully fund the Department of Defense for the rest of this fiscal year and will reduce spending by $12 billion.

“We cannot put fiscal battles ahead of support for those who are fighting America’s real battles.

“We will not change the fiscal destiny of this nation without a fight. I am willing to keep fighting for one more week to ensure our men and women in uniform have the resources they need to get the job done and come home safe.

“I urge my colleagues in the Senate to enact the significant budget cuts in this resolution, fund our troops and join with us in changing the fiscal direction of the national government.”
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_556897.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote