View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 AM

Beau:

Neither the SECDEF or Sen Clinton got "down this far into Injun Country" during their visits. Have no special news exc SECDEF says maybe 1,000 U.S. Troops for the 'Stan. Not nearly enuff, but at least some folks have gained his attention. I keep "working" some very heavy hitters with some very close-hold SITREPs in hopes to get some good ol' Amurkun Sojers and Jarheads over here in sufficient numbers. Then too, even 1,000 real U.S. Warfighters (trigger pullers) could make a positive diff IF the powers to be would "let the dawgs loose"!!!

Don't think you (or many folks) would like it over here...very inhospitable place...may be some nice places over here, but I sure haven't seen any of them!

Sand Storm stopped last nite...for awhile...while it rained...then...rain blew out and the storm blew back in! I'm attaching a DigiFlick...doesnt' do the storm justice in that it doesn't look nearly as bad in the flick as it really is when you're out in it! The flick is taken as we're driving out the Camp ShirZai (the ANA Army camp where we have our "office")...you can tell the wind velocity (at over 45mph) by the way the flags are standing out in the wind.

Hope this finds ALCON doing well.

Semper Fi from the Cold & Windy SANDS of Kandahar,

Lobo