Thread: Memorial Day
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM

Default LT and all others

I will be thinking of you all during the Memorial Day events. Wish we could all be together to have a cold one or two. It's a day I look forward to as it alllows me to reflect on all the folks I've known during my service days - my lost Bud's and school friends who for some reason can't attend. But I know in spirit they are always here - always with me - and always pushing me along. I salute all of them and can't wait until the day I can be with them and give them all a big hug.

Yes I'm a hugger - Memorial its a day that means so much and has cost so much to so many. They are never to be forgotten. Each time I put up my flags or see one I reflect on duty and service rendered. I really miss them.

Thanks to you folks on this site - I can be enlightned by your high spirits and find that you too have souls and scars that have suffered much.

I saw last night a VN special on the Church channel. About a Priest (Father Cappadonna (not sure on the spelling). This Priest was on the "front" line for two tours. Was killed protecting a wounded soldier. What machine gunned in the back -shot 27 times nearly blew his arm off - he threw his body infront of a wounded soldier. The interviews were chilling and the Love they had for that Priest was overwhelming.

It proves again how much we as humans will shed our lives for others during great times of stress. My respects for those who've suffered these torments. I try not to reflect on those days of terror and fear. I've gotten through those visions - but will not forget many who didn't make it back.

This is why Memorial Day means so much to me. Sorry if I brought up any sad days for any of you. But we can't forget - really - I can't.

Love to my Brothers & Sisters - everywhere.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote