View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:13 AM

Default FNG to the DZ, LZ or AO

My name is Rocky and I am new to this site, therefore, I will tell you a bit about me in the hopes that I will allow you to know me better and then I may get to know you.

Born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee, i joined the Army in 1966. I served in Vietnam from 1967-70 with the 173rd Airborne Brigade (SEP) and Charlie Company 75th Inf. Airborne Rangers. I was involved in the Battles of Dak To and helped make the first documentary on those Battles, featuring the Battle for Hill 875, in 1999 which aired in 2000 on the Learning Channel as "A Soldiers Story, The Invisible Enemy." (I am the one in the Black Beret in this film.)

After Nam I worked as a Jump Instructor (Black Hat) at Tower Training Committee, 41st Co. 4th STU TSB at Fort Benning. I left the military in 1975.

I am now 100% SC and work helping other vets get their VA claims granted. I have been working as the Veterans Agent for about 16 years now. I am the Service Rep for Chapter XVII of the Herd Assn. and Charlie Co. Rangers Assn.

I stay active in veterans issues and involve myself with strictly veteran groups. I am the Commander of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Assn. Michigan, and member of the U.S. Paratrooper Motorcycle Assn. and the Patriot Guard Riders/MI.

I live in Brimley, MI about 20 minutes west of Sault Ste Marie, MI and Canada. I am married and have a 43 year old son, just buried my 40 year old son this year, 3 step daughters ages 22, 20 and 13 and a 19 month old daughter.

Was going to post some pictures but see I can't until I have at least 15 post. Ah OK, guess you will just have to wait

Rocky
Cmdr.,Combat Veterans Motorcycle Assn. MI
U.S. Paratrooper Motorcycle Assn.
Partriot Guard Riders/MI-MIAP
Vietnam 1967-70
173rd Airborne Brigade (Sep)
(Survivor Hills 830, 823 & 875 1967)
Charlie Co. 75th Inf. Airborne Rangers
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links